Thursday 14 January 2010

Winter Contest

Karen at Write from Karen is hosting a winter photo contest.

The rules are simple:

This photo contest theme is: WINTER / SNOW / SNOWMEN / SNOWFLAKE / FIRE / CUDDLE / BUNDLED / AT-HOME ACTIVITY / WHITE / HOLIDAY / FAMILY
Post your picture beginning NOW to 4:00 central time January 15th.

Show us your favorite winter photograph! But wait, it doesn’t HAVE to be a winter photograph. It can something that represents winter to you in your part of the world. Be creative, be fun – the more original the photo, the better chance you’ll have of winning!

This is my entry

nature studies 025

I chose picture because I love the colours in it. The blue of the sky with the white of the snow and the red houses that just scream warmth and comfort.

Tomorrow is the last day for entries so hurry up if you want to enter.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Winter is so often all black and white, or brown and white, in my neck of the woods (Western NY).

Love those days of Blue skies, and why not throw in a Red house!
Very lovely photo!

Jodi Cleghorn said...

I love the red house - it looks so perfectly warm and inviting among the huge piles of snow. And the brilliant clear blue cerulean sky.

Good luck with the contest. So many wonderful photos.

Linden said...

I voted for you. I think this picture is awesome. Really nice composition.