Thursday 8 July 2010

You Capture: America (or In My Case Sweden)

This week Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry asked us to picture America (or our own country). I would have loved to have spent this summer in America like I have the previous two summers, but becoming an aunt for the very first time kinda trumped that this summer. So instead of celebrating America (which we did with hoagies and hamburgers) I am celebrating Sweden.

Summer 2010 032 Wild strawberries for me conjure up summers with my grandparents when we would pick these sweet smelling, sweet tasting berries at the side of the road. You string them up on a piece of grass like this…

Summer 2010 033

Being able to stop at the side of the road and pick berries (or mushrooms…more on that in the future) without having to worry about pollution or whose land it is, that is Sweden to me.

Oh and I did become an aunt yesterday morning to a little girl. More on her later too :D

Photobucket

Signature

Copyright ©2010 Zee from Photos from the North. This post was originally posted by Zee from Photos from the North. It should not be reproduced without express written permission.

9 comments:

Carin said...

Oh I love those pictures. I love Sweden. It's absolute paradise! I love how you string the strawberries on grass. That's a neat idea.

Anonymous said...

They look so tasty! They look beautiful on the grass too, very clever!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Oh, that's amazing! Those strawberries look scrumptious! And I hear you on the not worrying about who's land it is thing. Here, I get suspicious looks if I pull into someone's driveway just to turn the other way down a street. ::sigh::

Bec said...

Congrats!!! That would be nice just being able to a pick something off the side of the road and know it's ok to eat.


http://www.theiheartblog.com

tiarastantrums said...

oh I totally remember picking berries with my grandmother!! yum!

Jen said...

Beautiful!

Amber D said...

That second picture is great, such creativity!

Colleen said...

Those berries look wonderful. Congrats Auntie!

Unknown said...

I love how you captured Sweden! Those are some very lovely berries. What stunningly pretty pictures of such simple things : ) Wonderful!